Microsoft Publisher 98
Dave Beson’s NewsLetterWriter for Publisher 98 users
Where are my Dave Beson Newsletters?
Open up your Microsoft Publisher 98 application
1. Select the Existing Documents Tab
2. Click on more documents
3. The open publications window appears
4. In the look in drop down menu, select your “C” drive.
5. Double click on the MSPUB folder.
6. Select the newsletter you would like to access. (such as chf1 or chf2)
If I accidentally delete a newsletter, can I just reinstall the newsletter I deleted?
To reinstall, follow the original installation instructions. You will be asked to overwrite each existing newsletter until the one you deleted is replaced. You must select Yes or No for each newsletter for the installation to continue.
What versions of Microsoft Publisher will the Newsletter Writer work with?
The Newsletter Writer for Microsoft Publisher is compatible with Microsoft Publisher 2000 and earlier versions. There may be compatibility issues with newer versions of Publisher other than the ones listed.
Can I modify the Newsletters?
Yes, you may change anything on the newsletter you like, make sure you click save as and rename the document to keep the original intact.
How do I modify my Newsletters?
Locate the newsletter you would like to change, then click on the area within the newsletter you want to change. (A frame will appear around the text)
Highlight the word or words you would like to change.
Type the word or words you would like to replace the highlighted words with.
Click File, then select Save As to save your modified newsletter with a different name.
How do I change or add a picture in my newsletter?
Select the newsletter you would like to add the picture to.
1. Click insert
2. Click Picture. You are given three options to choose from.
3. Select the option for the type of picture you would like to add.
A. If you select Clip art, the Clip art gallery window will open.
B. If you select from file, the Insert Picture file window will open. You will need to navigate to the location of the picture you would like to add.
C. If you select from Scanner or Camera, you must then select what device to acquire the picture from.
4. Once you select the option that works best for you, select the picture you would like to add. (The picture will be placed within the document)
5. Click on the picture and drag it to where you would like it placed.
6. Resize the picture to make it fit your document.
7. Click File then Save as with a new name to keep the original document intact.
How do I delete a picture?
1. Click on the picture you would like to delete
2. Press the delete key to remove the picture
3. Click File then Save As with a new name to keep the original intact.